The American Heart Association (AHA) Bloodborne/Airborne Pathogens course is designed for anyone with a reasonable chance of coming into contact with Bloodborne/Airborne pathogens such as:
- Correctional Officers
- Childcare workers
- Security guards
- Maintenance workers
- School personnel
- Hotel housekeepers
- Health and fitness club staff
- Tattoo artists
- Industry and manufacturing
- Fortune 1500 companies
- Occupational health
- Property management
- Hospitality staff
- Any worker or person who may need to respond to an emergency in the workplace or in society in general
- Individuals who have a duty to respond to an emergency because of job responsibilities or regulatory requirements
Approximately 1 hour
Students receive a participation certification upon course completion. During this classroom-based course, an instructor conducts video-based lessons that reinforce the PACT acronym.
Participants will receive their certification card upon successful completion of the course. Email Mark@GoLifeSavers.com to schedule your training.
The Bloodborne/Airborne Pathogens course is designed to meet Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) requirements for bloodborne pathogens training when paired with site-specific instruction. The course uses the PACT acronym and slogan to help students learn and retain what to do when there is danger of or has been exposure to bloodborne pathogens in the workplace. With advanced scheduling, students receive their Bloodborne/Airborne Pathogens Course Completion Card immediately following the course. May be used as a stand-alone course for first-time or renewal training, or as an add-on to First Aid CPR AED training.
- Ideal for learners who prefer group interaction and feedback from an instructor
- Content is based on the PACT acronym to reinforce critical learning points
- Designed to meet Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) requirements for bloodborne pathogens training when paired with site-specific instruction
- Available for first-time or renewal bloodborne pathogens training
- Each student receives their own high quality course materials
This course uses the PACT acronym (Protect, Act, Clean, Tell) and slogan, “Make a PACT, Know How to Act,” to help students learn and easily recall bloodborne/Airborne pathogens training.
Students Learn How To:
- Protect themselves from exposure to bloodborne pathogens
- Act when exposed to blood or blood-containing materials in the workplace
- Clean themselves and the area when exposed to blood or blood-containing materials in the workplace
- Tell or report any exposure to blood or blood-containing materials in the workplace