Heartsaver® Pediatric First Aid with CPR AED
- Child care workers
- Foster care parents
- Camp counselors
- Youth group leaders
- Others responsible for children
- This course is for anyone with limited or no medical training who needs a course completion card in First Aid CPR AED to meet job, regulatory, or other requirements.
Approximately a 5-6 hour class.
The American Heart Association Heartsaver® Pediatric First Aid course completion card is valid for two years. During the course, an AHA Instructor conducts video-based lessons and works with students to complete their First Aid CPR AED skills practice and CPR AED skills testing.
Participants will receive their certification card upon successful completion of the course. Email Mark@GoLifeSavers.com to schedule individual and large group training.
This customizable course is specially designed to train those responsible for children’s health in meeting state-specific requirements. Backed by comprehensive state-by-state research, it meets the regulatory and credentialed training requirements for childcare workers in all 50 states. Participants will receive their certification card upon successful completion of the course. Go Life Savers also offers a Babysitter Lessons and Safety Training course (BLAST!) endorsed by the American Academy of Pediatrics.
Learn More About BLAST!
Heartsaver® Pediatric First Aid with CPR AED is designed to meet the regulatory and credentialed training requirements for child care workers in all 50 states. This is a classroom-based (instructor and video, with skills conducted throughout). This course teaches basic First Aid CPR AED skills for children such as:
- What to do when a child or infant has a breathing problem
- Giving compressions and breaths to an infant or child
- Stopping bleeding that can be seen
Key changes reflecting the new science from the 2015 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
- First aid basics
- Medical emergencies
- Injury emergencies
- Environmental emergencies
- Heartsaver® Bloodborne Pathogens can be added for only $25 per participant
Pediatric First Aid Topics
- Eye injuries; fever; suspected abuse; and snake, spider, scorpion, tick and marine animal bites and stings
- CPR and AED use
- Asthma care training for child care providers