Administration of Emergency Oxygen
Individuals who desire or are required to be trained in the Administration of Emergency Oxygen.
Course completed in 1-1.5 hours.
2 Year certification for those who successfully complete classroom material and skills check.
Participants will receive their certification card upon successful completion of the course. Email Mark@GoLifeSavers.com to schedule individual and large group training.
Providing supplemental oxygen to those that need it is an essential element of emergency care. Oxygen Administration also known as Administration of Emergency Oxygen is designed to provide an understanding of how to safely handle and administer oxygen in various settings.
Serious and life-threatening medical emergencies often cause oxygen to be depleted in the body leaving the victim at risk for shock. The Administration of Emergency Oxygen program focuses on administering emergency oxygen to breathing and non-breathing persons, emergency oxygen delivery systems, and integrating pulse oximetry.
Key topics discussed in the Administration of Emergency Oxygen program include:
- The components that make up a supplemental oxygen system.
- The various types of supplemental oxygen devices.
- Important safety, storage, service, and maintenance steps regarding the use of supplemental oxygen systems.
- The importance of supplemental oxygen in the care of victims of sudden illness or injury.
- Using supplemental oxygen equipment when providing care for a breathing or nonbreathing victim.
- Current information presented in a clear and straightforward format.
- Skill Drills that offer step-by-step explanations and visual summaries of important skills.
- Flowcharts to reinforce the decision-making process and appropriate procedures.
- Decision Tables that provide a concise summary of what signs care providers should look for and what treatment steps they should take.
- 2 Year certification for those who successfully complete classroom material and skills check.
- Course completed in 1-1.5 hours